- Meghalaya Traditional Practitioners' Meet,( In Partnership with Santhigiri Ashram, Kerela) on 12th August, 2016 at MAMETI, Upper Shillong
- Distribution of customised Solar Dryers to women entrepreneurs from 35 Clusters across the State on 24th April, 2015 AT MAMETI, Upper Shillong
- Popularistion and Dissemination of Technology of Bio-Pesticide formulations among the poor and marginal (ST) farmers of of weaker sections in North-East region in collaboration with Centre for Advance Studiies, Dept. Of Botany, NEHU, Shillong at village Laitmynsaw on 2nd May 2015.
- 4-Day Internship Programme on Integrated Pest Management(IPM), Bio-Pesticides Organic, Tissue Culture, Vermi-compost, NADEP, Non-soil, Vertical Farming, Aromatic & Medicinal Plants, Briquetting at BRDC to BSW/MSW Department of Sopcial workers, MLCU, Shillong w.e.f. 3.5.2016 to 6.5.2016.
- 2-Day Training of Rural Educated Youth for self employment in farm-based activities(TREYSEFA) at IATC, Upper Shillong on 31st May to 1st June, 2016
- 3-month training programme on Propagation of Capsicum Chinense Jacq to Msc(Biotechnology), Sikkim Manipal University, Shillong w.e.f. 5.3.2015 to 4.5.2015.
- 3-Day District Level Training Programme on Dehydrated Floral Crafts Technology to Rural Entrepreneurs w.e.f. 25.2.2015 to 27.2.2015 at Umsning, Ri-Bhoi
- 4-Day Management & Skill Development Sets on Dehydrated Floral Crafts Technology at BRDC w.e.f 15th – 18th September, 2015
- 4-Day Management & Skill Development Sets on Dehydrated Floral Crafts Technology at Tura, West Garo Hills, 22nd -25th September 2015.
- 2-Day Training of Rural Educated Youth for self employment in farm-based activities at IATC, Upper Shillong on 28th & 29th September, 2015
- 2-Month Internship Programme on Tissue Culture Techniques at BRDC to Msc Plant Molecular Biology, NEHU, Shillong w.e.f. 2.1.2014 to 1.3.2014.
- 3-month training programme on Plant Tissue Culture of Orchidaceaa Dendrobium densiflorum to Msc(Biotechnology), Sikkim Manipal University, Shillong w.e.f. 24th January, 2014
- 2-Day Consultative Worksop on Medicinal & Aromatic Plants at Sri Aurobindo Institute of Indian Culture, Shillong on 26th & 27th February, 2014
- 3-Day 2nd Phase Consultative Training on Dehydrated Floral Craft Technology to Rural Entrepreneurs w.e.f. 28.10.2014 to 30.10.2014 at BRDC, Shillong
- 2-Day Training on Dehydrated Floral Crafts Technology to Rural Entrepreneurs on 19th and 20th July, 2013 at Youth Hostel Shillong
- 5-Day Advance Training on Dehydrated Floral Crafts Technology to Rural Entrepreneurs w.e.f. 19.8.2013 to 23.8.2013 at Youth Hostel, Shillong
- Training Programme on Micropropagation of Medicinal Plants and Orchids to Students of Sikkim Manipal University, Shillong w.e.f. 3.8.2009 to 24.8.2009 at BRDC, Upper Shillong
- 6-Month Training Programme on Micropropagtion of Medicinal Plants and Orchids to Student of Dr. MPS College, Agra at BRDC, Upper Shillong
TRAINING AND EXTENSION SERVICES
Bio-Resources Development Centre extends research-training programme on plant biotechnology to post-graduate and graduate students. The Centre provides technological knowledge to entrepreneurs, farmers and women groups on
- Basic tissue culture,
- Nursery raising and management,
- Cultivation, processing of medicinal, aromatic and other horticultural crops
- IPR issues, etc
- Floriculture and
- Production of different types of composts and organic farming.